This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Are you looking to buy gifts for twin babies? Especially the bigger things that are essential during that first year? Here are some of our twins’ favorite things when they were babies!
Gifts for Twin Babies
Often it’s hard to know whether or not to buy two of everything, here are the things that we got two of for our twins and things we just needed one of. We already had one of some things from our oldest child, but some of the bigger stuff we had gotten rid of since we had a smaller house at the time.
Things such as swings we didn’t bother with since our oldest didn’t like baby swings and they take up so much room, especially if they’re not going to be used. Other families though really love swings, so it’s really up to you.
This is just the beginning of my gifts for babies posts, I have subsequent posts for several years of your kids’ lives.
First, Create an Amazon Baby Registry!
Before you go further, if you haven’t yet, create a baby registry on Amazon first. That way, as you’re going through this post and others, you can easily just add things to your registry that you’d like with the click of a button!
Play Mat / Gym
We had the Fisher-Price Rainforest Music & Lights Playmat / Gym for our oldest child and he loved it. It also was big enough for our twins to be able to share it during tummy time. They enjoyed looking at each other while trying to hold their little heads up! I think they did better with tummy time being on the same mat because they could see each other. We did have another mat as well but didn’t use it much, we liked this one.
As you can see in the photos below, all 3 of our kids enjoyed this gym together when the twins were babies.
- Deluxe newborn play mat and baby gym with 3 ways to play: lay & play, tummy time and take-along play
- Removable take-along toucan toy has 2 musical settings and plays up to 20 minutes of music and dancing lights
- 10+ repositionable toys and activities: plush monkey, self-discovery mirror, soft jingle lion, rollerball snail, clacker zebra and more
- Extra soft, machine-washable play mat folds for convenient storage
- Item arrives in frustration-free, easy-to-open packaging that's 100% recyclable and reveals what's inside.
Our twins were in their bouncers A LOT. Maybe more than they should have been. They even napped in their bouncers sometimes and also were fed bottles of milk sometimes in their bouncers if we weren’t around the Table for Two. These are great for using at home as well as bringing when visiting family. We would bring these everywhere with us and the twins would be in them for naps or whenever they weren’t being held at a family event.
These would be great gifts for twin babies as they’re a huge help to parents of twins and something that my twins really enjoyed.
- A jungle of joy for you and baby
- Gentle motions snuggle & soothe your wild one
- Swing into playtime with 2 toys
- Toy bar removes with one hand for easier access to baby
- Made for newborns to 6 months
Boppy Head Supports
These aren’t a necessity but I thought I’d explain. The things they are laying on that is cradling their heads are Boppy Noggin Nets Head Supports that we got them because they both had a bit of a flat spot on their heads. With twins, it’s hard to hold them as often as I would if I had just one newborn so they were in their bouncers more often.
Also, one of my twins was head down WAY down in my pelvis for at least 6 weeks leading up to their birth so he developed quite the flat spot in utero. We had hoped that these pillows would help but he did end up needing a helmet for a few months. The other twin was fine though as he was mainly feet down and head up when he was in my tummy.
- WHY NO CAR SEATS? Boppy puts family first. The insert provided with your car seat is specifically designed for that car seat. Always check car seat warranty info when looking at car seat accessories.
- UNIQUE CUT-OUT DESIGN: The Boppy Head and Neck Support has a unique cut-out keeps your baby's head gently cradled
- SUPPORT THROUGH TODDLERHOOD: The removable neck ring provides support through toddlerhood. Recommended age 0+ months
- REVERSIBLE DESIGN: Comes with comfortable cotton on one side and cooling mesh on the other. The head support is machine washable for easy care because little messes happen
- MULTI-FUNCTION: Works with a 3- and 5-point harness systems and is simple to install in any stroller, bouncer, or swing. The head support should only be used in the recline position for infants
Sit Me Ups
These are awesome for once your twins are able to hold their heads up. This helped take some pressure off the back of their heads and enabled them to actually look at each other more easily! The Sit Me Ups also collapse to be flat which is awesome for travel. After they grew out of the bouncers we soon took these everywhere with us. They were great for outside or inside and excellent for travel to see friends and family.
- Portable baby seat for unsteady sitters with a soft seat pad to provide a comfy environment
- Wide, sturdy base helps support your baby in an upright position
- 2 linkable toys for playtime
- Folds flat for space-saving storage or travel seating
- Seat pad is removable & machine-washable
Jumpers are essential once babies are big enough for them. Our twins would actually have jump-offs once they got old enough where they’d see who could jump the fastest. Haha! They were still quite young so couldn’t talk but we knew what was going on.
We had two different jumpers so they had options. We were afraid at first that they’d fight over them but surprisingly that didn’t happen, they both liked both jumpers and we would switch off who had which one so they got plenty of variety.
Our all-time favorite is the Baby Einstein Jumper. We had one of these for our singleton but sold it when he no longer used it because we had such a small house at the time. We bought a used one for the twins and I literally picked it up on the way to our new house when we were moving. Haha! I was so excited!! We actually got all of our jumpers used, which I’d highly recommend because they are not cheap. They do fold up nicely for storage if you do want to keep them for future children or stow them away when company comes.
With the jumper they not only are able to work their adorable chubby leg muscles by jumping but there are also many activities they can take part in. The actual seat can swivel all of the way around so they can access four different play areas. We also hung some toys from the top padded part for extra fun, including a mirror. Our eldest used to just stare at the mirror when he was a baby. It was so cute. I’m sure it was the first time he saw himself but he was just in awe of himself. (He’s in the first picture)
The second jumper we got for the twins was a Jumperoo which you can see in the second picture one of our twins is in and one is crawling under him. Goofy boys! This one jumped higher than the other one, which was fun. There were different pros to both but like I said, having two is awesome if you have space and two different ones provide variety.
- Secure Support Seat has added height and padding to provide additional comfort for babySeat rotates 360°
- Light up piano with 3 play modes - spinning frog bead chaser; spinning rattle drum; sun stalk and spinning bird
- For use when Child Can Sit Up Unassisted. Toys and Frame are wipe clean
- Seat pad is machine washable
- Freestanding baby jumper and activity center with exciting lights, sounds and music that reward your baby's every jump
- 360 degrees of play. Seat spins so your baby can explore a variety of hands-on activity toys including peek-a-boo tiger, bat-at monkey, rattle lizard, and more
- Grows with baby with 3 adjustable height positions (Max. height 32 in/ 81 cm)
- Sturdy, freestanding frame folds for storage. Plus, fabric spring covers keep little fingers safe
- Soft, comfortable seat pad is machine washable and dryer safe
Portable Play Yard
When our twins were born our oldest was 2 years old and LOVED being outside. He’s 5 now and still loves being outside! We knew we needed a solution for keeping the twins entertained yet contained at the same time. I really didn’t want them eating grass or other random things they found on the ground. This pop-up play yard is perfect! It has a cover that can go over it to shade the twins but still lets us see them. It folds up much like a camping chair into a small bag that is easy to carry over one’s shoulder. We used this a lot and took it to many places.
- ON-THE-GO PLAYARD: As a parent, we know that life takes you many different places. So, we designed this playard to be lightweight and easy to fold, fitting snuggly into the included carry bag for travel or storage. No matter if you are outside at the beach, or inside at grandma and grandpa’s, this playpen is the perfect place for your child to hang out.
- COZY, YET BREATHABLE: We designed our Eclipse Portable Playard so your toddler could have their own cozy space to be. It was designed with mesh sidewalls allowing air to flow through and also making it easy for your baby to peek outside their play area.
- MAXIMUM SAFETY: JPMA certified and built with a durable metal frame with two locks. All six legs work together to provide a sturdy base for your child to sit, stand, or play in. Included is our removeable canopy which blocks 98% of UVA and UVB rays. Recommended age is 6-24 months and height up to 35".
- VERSATLE DESIGN: Our durable nylon floor makes it easy to wipe away any messes, and if those get a little too messy, the fabric can be removed and tossed into the washing machine. Along with this, the playard comes with a removeable canopy that is easy to set up.
- DESIGNED IN USA: Trusted by parents for over 20 years. Locally owned and operated in Rhode Island, USA.
BIG Play Yard
If you’re looking for a bigger play yard that isn’t as portable for your living room, kitchen, etc. I’ve heard great things from other twin mamas about this one!
- ❤️ Sturdy, non-slip & safety baby playard: Made of wear-resistant, tear-resistant cationic fabric & sturdy steel pipe. The 4 strong safety non-slip suction cups on the bottom, makes it hard to move or overturn. Thickened sponges are added to prevent children from being bumped while playing.
- ❤️ 360° Full vision design: Visible soft breathable mesh in the side panels. See-through mesh that allows to you sees the baby, and the baby sees you, make them feel comfort and safe. The external gate zipper design, allow to interact with your baby at any time, give your baby a sense of security
- ❤️ Extra Large playpen for babies: Extra-large baby playpen can hold a lot of toys, friends, pets or even an adult. Turn it into a funny, safety, and extra-large playground, make toddlers love it!
- ❤️ Easy to assemble, store and clean: The baby fences pipe are made of rust-proof alloy pipes and ABS joints connection, easy to disassemble and assemble. With a bag provided, easy to store and carry. The bottom is made of wear-resistant, tear-resistant, non-slip, breathable, quick-drying, cationic fabric. Only need to wipe with wet cloth and soap to clean.
- ❤️ Free Parent's hands: With the help of TODALE Large baby playpen, turns it into a great safe playgrounds for babies! Help kids explore the world, play and learn to move in their own, and keep it away from being lost or exposing to hazard areas as well. Meanwhile, the parents can free their hands to do their own things. (Please note: There is no padding at the bottom, and you need to buy a play mat.)
Need more toy ideas? Check out my posts below by clicking on the pictures!
As a mom of identical twins and a son two years older, I have gained invaluable experience in the realm, and chaos, of parenting. With a Master's Degree and Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology, I spent years as a school psychologist, helping children navigate through their educational and emotional challenges. Now as a stay at home mom and professional blogger, I combine my areas of expertise to help you in your parenting journey.