This post may contain affiliate links, which means I’ll receive a small commission if you purchase through my links, at no extra cost to you. Please read full disclosure for more information.
Are you On The Go with your twin babies and wondering what they need? Or maybe you’re pregnant with twins and wondering the twin baby essentials for on-the-go adventures?! Here are the things that helped me with my twin babies when we were on-the-go!
First, Create an Amazon Baby Registry!
Before you go further, if you haven’t yet, create a baby registry on Amazon first. That way, as you’re going through this post and others, you can easily just add things to your registry that you’d like with the click of a button!
Infant Car Seats
We did ALL the research before picking out a car seat for our first child. We chose the Chicco Keyfit 30 which served us well for years from when our first child used it to when one of the twins used it. When we got it for our first child we got the car seat and stroller combo and loved it. We went everywhere with it!
We loved these as they are light, able to carry babies as light as 4 lbs, great for premie babies which or twins were, and can snap and go in the stroller below. They also have great safety ratings!
We already had one from our first child and got another for our twins once our first child had grown out of it and before the twins were born!
Easy to install, compatible with Chicco strollers, adjustable canopy, and washable seat pad.
Will fit babies between 4-22 pounds and up to 30" tall.
- Click-in attachment for Chicco KeyFit and KeyFit 30 infant car seats
- ReclineSure leveling foot helps achieve proper base angle
- RideRight bubble level-indicators verify base angle
- SuperCinch LATCH tightener helps achieve a secure fit
- Smooth underside helps protect vehicle seats
The Chicco Keyfit infant car seats our twins had when they were babies.
Mirrors for Car Seats
Car seats need to be rear-facing for quite a while after the baby is born for safety. The trouble is then you can’t see them from the front seat. We tried out a few different car seat mirrors but found we liked these the most and bought two!
They are a little tiled in the picture as they tended to do from time to time but they still worked great! They are big enough that we could easily see what was going on and if they were sleeping, distressed, etc. from the front seat (note: they are in the 3rd row of the van).
Extra wide crystal clear reflection and 360 degree adjustable: easily pivot to your desired viewing angle, it allows you to keep your lovely baby in sight and look good after him or her all the time.
Safety certified and crash tested: design of shatterproof acrylic glass, strongly tied up by heavy duty straps, full rotation with hinge, even in a crash or accident you can ensure your baby's safety.
Twin Stroller – Infant
Though our oldest child was only 2 when the twins were born, he luckily wanted to walk everywhere instead of be in a stroller so we didn’t need to get a massive 3 seat stroller. We were able to find a Joovy Twin Roo from someone on Facebook who was selling it for just $20. We couldn’t believe it as it tends to retail for between $150-$200. I highly suggest checking your local Facebook groups and Facebook Marketplace to see if anyone is selling a stroller like this if you are having twins. It was SO helpful but spendy for the 9 or so months you get out of it.
In the first several months our twins had a lot of doctor appointments, up to two a week, so it was great to have this stroller to just snap their infant seats into. I didn’t have to get them in and out of their car seats constantly, just grabbed the cat seats with them in them from the car and snapped them into the stroller and off we went.
This stroller also folds down flat so it was easy for me to maneuver and fit in the back of the van. It also had a couple cup holders perfect for bottles and an area in the middle that I could put my phone or other things into. There is a very large basket underneath where the car seats go that can fit 5 jackets, a diaper bag, etc.
- Includes adapters for two Chico Key Fit 30 car seats, car seats simply click-in
- Unique side mount gives you easy access without stroller handle or second car seat getting in your way
- Small wheel-base provides easy handling and super maneuverability
- One-hand fold, front-wheel suspension, swivel wheel locks, rear brakes, and large basket
- Tray organizer with 4 cup holders for bottles or beverages
We were lucky enough to have neighbors who had gotten this awesome side-by-side stroller for their grandkids and after using it at Disney, they didn’t need it anymore and gave it to us! They’re the same neighbors who stayed overnight with our oldest when I had to have an emergency c-section for the twins when I started having preeclampsia symptoms. Amazing people!!
This stroller is double-wide, as you can see, but it still fits through doorways. It has a cup holder that can detach on the side and big baskets underneath to store extra diapers, a diaper bag, jackets, whatever you need. There are also canopies, that in this picture are folded back since we were indoors, that can shade the children but also have a little window so you can still see them if needed.
Unfortunately, the one we have is no longer available!! However, I think this one looks great as well if you want a more light weight option without the under storage.
- CONVENIENT DESIGN: The Volgo is just 29.25” wide- it’s compact design makes going through narrow/busy roads with your kids is a breeze! It has a lightweight, sturdy iron frame. Folds inward with just one hand making it easy to store and ideal for travel
- FUNCTIONAL SEATS: The two front-facing seats are perfect for twins or different age siblings & have generous recline footrests. Large adjustable hoods with mesh inserts allow extra ventilation
- SAFE & SECURE: The seats have 5-point adjustable harnesses with a comfort strap. Front swivel wheels allow 360° maneuverability, while rear wheels can be locked for stability. Soft Ride wheels mean less pushing effort and a smoother ride for the kids
- USEFUL FEATURES: The Volgo comes with large, netted storage pockets on the back of each seat for more storage. It is made of Prima Classed Linen type fabric, which is hand washable.
- PRODUCT SPECS: Each seat supports children from 6 months, up to 40 lbs ( per seat ). Product dimensions are 29.5L x 28.5W x 40H inches.
- Recommend for children up to 35 pounds; Large European style canopy; Two storage bags and parent cup holder with two attachment points; Meets Disney size requirements
- Five point safety harness; 360 Degree swivel shock absorbing front wheels
- Lightweight frame; Compact umbrella fold for easy storage and travel
- Fits through a standard 30 Inches door; Dimensions: 31.2 Inches W x 29.6 Inches D x 37.3 Inches H
- Product weight: 18.3 pounds; Meets or exceeds all ASTM and CPSC Standards and JPMA Certifications
- This item is eligible for free replacement parts. Contact Amazon Customer Service for more information. Large 6” Front wheels and Back Wheels
Though the storage bins under the stroller are rather large, we found that we wanted to have some things up higher such as water bottles, a phone, wallet, etc. especially when at a mall, so we got an additional organizer for between the handles. We’ve used this one for a couple of years and I continue to love it.
Though the twins are 3 and our eldest is 5, we went out for a walk today and they wanted to take turns riding in the stroller. We fit all 5 of our water bottles, a coffee, and my wallet and phone in the stroller organizer with no problem. It also has a long strap so if we wanted to we could take it off of the stroller and use it as a bag with the strap over my shoulder, but I honestly haven’t done that yet. It’s nice to know there is that option though!
Story of my life as the kids get older, Amazon no longer carries exactly what we used, they’re really cramping my style here!! The one I’ve linked below is what I’d pick out today if I had to buy all over again, and honestly, might be even better than the one we have.
The StrollAir universal stroller organizer has plenty of space, insulated cup holders for stroller to keep your drink warm or cold, whatever your preference.
Handle for Older Child
Do you have an older child and you’re worried that they’ll wander away since they’re not in the stroller? I just came across this which is pretty cool. It’s a srap you can attach to the stroller that your older child, or children, could hang onto to keep them near you.
It’s under $10 and comes in various colors. If you have two older children you could have one on each side! We didn’t have this years ago when my twins were babies and my oldest was 2, so he just hung onto the stroller but I’m sure he would have loved this! It would have made him feel more part of the family since he’d have his special spot to be just like everyone else (mom or dad pushing, twins in stroller, oldest has a special strap to hold onto).
- DETACHABLE HANDLE: The Tagalong is an easy to attach handle that can be attached to a stroller, wagon, shopping cart, backpack, luggage and more! This toddler must have attaches in seconds and can be easily positioned/moved for your child’s height!
- TODDLER SAFETY: Our stroller handle was developed to keep kids safe while on the go. Whether out on a walk or traveling with your toddler, Tagalong is an easy travel accessory that keeps kids close!
- PROMOTES CHILD INDEPENDENCE: One thing that makes our stroller handle unique is that it keeps kids close while allowing them to feel independent. Whether you are purchasing for a newly walking toddler who needs some out of stroller exploring or an older sibling let them know that the Tagalong is theirs and they will latch on with a sense of self-efficiency and pride.
- CHILD TRAVEL ACCESSORY: Take Tagalong on the go! Feel at ease in busy areas by latching the Tagalong onto shopping carts, luggage handles, strollers and more! The on to go, detachable design makes traveling with young ones safer!
- DISNEY WORLD ACCESSORY: As a Disney trip essential, you can keep kids close on your next family vacation! The Tagalong can easily hook to Disney strollers and creates a fun safe alternative to keep little ones close!
This diaper bag is perfect for twins, and even twins and an older sibling like what we have. We’ve used this bag since the twins were born and continue to use it now that the twins are 3 and our oldest is 5.
It has enough room for everything you need and has so many pockets, including extra pouches, that you can organize everything. I actually use one of the bags for my “mom” stuff like my wallet, keys, chapstick, and mints. One of the pouches is insulated so can be used as a cooler for bottles, with the addition of a small freezer pack.
There are two drink holders which is perfect for MY water and coffee. Haha! Really though, since I have 3 kids with water bottles now, I can’t play favorites and just have two of them on the outside for easy access so it works better to have all 3 of their water bottles inside and my coffee and water on the outside. Then there is one fewer fight for the day.
- Skip Hop’s lightweight, quilted backpack offers hands-free ease and special packing cubes for baby's gear. The spacious interior fits everything from snacks to spare outfits and the extra wide opening makes it easy to find essentials in a pinch
- Main compartment with extra-wide opening and two-way zip closure; Front section with two-way zip closure allows easy access to two included storage cubes
- Two insulated side bottle pockets; Elasticized interior pockets and cell phone pocket; Changing pad pocket holds tablets and laptops up to 15”
- Padded backpack straps (adjust from approx. 13" to 28") and Easy-grab top handle
- Hangs neatly on stroller with built-in stroller straps
Toddler and Beyond Car Seats
We have Graco 4 Ever car seats for our kids as they grew out of the Chicco Keyfit 30 infant car seats. Though the Graco 4 Ever car seat could hold them when they are infants as well, we opted for the Chicco Keyfit 30 bucket seats so we could grab and go, in a sense. Was easier with our first child and much easier with our twins. After they no longer fit in that though we have three of the Graco 4 Ever car seats for our 3 children.
Unsure which type of vehicle is best for fitting more than one car seat? Check out my blog post about the best vehicle for 3 car seats.
As a mom of identical twins and a son two years older, I have gained invaluable experience in the realm, and chaos, of parenting. With a Master's Degree and Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology, I spent years as a school psychologist, helping children navigate through their educational and emotional challenges. Now as a stay at home mom and professional blogger, I combine my areas of expertise to help you in your parenting journey.