One of my favorite breakfast recipes is this easy gluten free sausage and egg bake. Like all of my recipes, this recipe is allergen-friendly, gluten-free, dairy-free, and soy-free.
I’ve tried this recipe in a muffin tin but have found that it’s next to impossible to get all of the egg out of the nonstick muffin pan, no matter how hard I try. Lately, I’ve decided to resort to using a glass baking dish instead. I’ve also found that stirring it before baking it helps too!
Easy Gluten Free Sausage and Egg Bake Recipe
- 11×13 glass baking dish, preferably with a lid Don't use the lid in the oven and wait to put it on until the dish has fully cooled.
- Large bowl to mix eggs in
- Frying pan to cook sausage in
- 1 pound Jimmy Dean Natural Sausage or breakfast sausage of your choosing.
- 12 Eggs I prefer the Egglands Best brand of eggs but any will do.
- Olive oil or coconut oil to grease pan
- Sea Salt
- 1 cup Optional – Dairy-Free Shredded Cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Grease an 11×13 glass baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil.
- Cook the sausage in a pan and break up with a spatula to be small pieces. Cook until fully cooked through, then put in prepared baking dish.
- Crack the 12 eggs into a large bowl and season with the desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to break the yolks.
- Spread the cooked sausage on the bottom of the glass dish and cover with the egg mixture.
- If desired, top with dairy-free & soy-free shredded cheese.
- Bake for 30 minutes.
- Use potholders to remove the dish from the oven and place it on a trivet to cool.
- Serve warm or wait until it fully cools to put into the fridge for breakfast another day.
This easy sausage and egg bake with cheese is delicious! I just made it again today so I’ll have breakfast for a week.
How I Write Recipes & Why
I dislike when blogs have long, drawn out recipes with huge photos that make me scroll ALL the way to the bottom for the actual recipe that I can then pin or put into my Plan to Eat Recipe Book. So I won’t do that here. I post the recipe first and then I’ll show some drawn out directions with pictures if you are interested in that type of thing.
Recipe with Pictures
1. Preheat oven to 350°F
2. Grease an 11×13 glass baking dish with olive oil or coconut oil.
3. Cook the sausage in a pan and break it up with a spatula or Mix ‘n Chop (pictured) to be small pieces. Cook until fully cooked through, then place in the prepared baking dish, as shown below.
4. Crack the 12 eggs into a large bowl and season with the desired amount of salt and pepper. Mix with a fork to break the yolks.
5. If desired, top with dairy-free & soy-free shredded cheese.
6. Bake for 30 minutes at 350°F
7. Use potholders to remove the dish from the oven and place it on a trivet to cool.
8. Serve warm or wait until it fully cools to put on cover, or aluminum foil, then put in the fridge for breakfast another day. I make this and then eat it for breakfast for 8 days!
As a mom of identical twins and a son two years older, I have gained invaluable experience in the realm, and chaos, of parenting. With a Master's Degree and Education Specialist Degree in School Psychology, I spent years as a school psychologist, helping children navigate through their educational and emotional challenges. Now as a stay at home mom and professional blogger, I combine my areas of expertise to help you in your parenting journey.